Friday, January 1, 2010

Upcoming books I'm excited for.


Flirt, an Anita Blake short novel (Laurell K Hamilton). February.

Bullet, the next full-length Anita! June.

Black Magic Sanction by Kim Harrison, the next of the Hollows books. February.

Waking the Witch by Kelley Armstrong, the latest in the Otherworld series (although I haven't finished all the published ones, I know I will have when it comes out). October.

The Red Queen and The White Princess by Philippa Gregory. Not sure when either of those will be released.

Grave Secret by Charlaine Harris--already out in hardback, but waiting for paperback as I don't like that series quite enough to re-read, so I don't want to spend the money on the hardback.

The Captive Queen by Alison Weir. April.

Hmm ... how the hell am I going to pay for all these? And these are just my favorite authors, who I'm willing to spend money on because I know I'll re-read the books (Harris' aside). Actually, those are just the ones who popped into my tired three-a.m. brain.

Let me be shameless for a moment ... if anybody wants to help me earn points to get free gift cards for these books, and find out how to get things for yourself as well, see my post here.

2 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Oooooooh, I love book lists.
I don't know if we have the same taste in books but one of my favorite reads last year was, The Story of Edgar Sawtelle.
I am a library devotee :)

purplegirl said...

I've been thinking about making and posting a list of all my books, just because! I guess so I have an inventory of it.

I wish I could use the library, but I suck at returning things on time. Every library within a thirty mile radius wants to break my kneecaps for some overdue book or another! That's why I do the Booksfree.com thing, but they don't have hardback. There's another service that does, that's similarly priced, but I don't know that I want to go through the trouble of re-creating my queue over there!