Saturday, December 13, 2008

SNL: Still not very funny.

I haven't watched Saturday Night Live regularly in years, because I found it more awkward and annoying than amusing. I like classic SNL skits -- DA BEARS -- and a few of the more recent ones, but generally I wonder how the show is even still on.

But I gave it another try tonight, because Hugh Laurie was hosting and I think he's totally adorable. Sadly, I was disappointed. The only times I cracked a smile were at Laurie's charming expressions. I giggled twice during one skit with him. Other than that, I was just not impressed.

There have been a few moments in the last 8-10 years that were hilarious; there was a particularly funny skit with Jessica Simpson that had me rolling on the floor laughing. When the get it right, they really get it right (It's my dick in a box!). Sometimes the political parodies are to die for. But generally speaking, I feel like Saturday Night Live is only still on because it's been on so long.

No comments: